To keep your clothes lasting a lifetime, they should be kept away from basements, attics, and other spaces that might have moisture. A moist environment is a breeding ground for insects and mildew. So, if you shouldn’t keep out of season clothes in the basement or attic, where should you keep them? A Cleaner World provides FREE in-store storage for one season… just pay for the cleaning!.
How to Store Out-of-Season Clothes at A Cleaner World
1 Gather Your Clothes
- Separate your clothes into two, three, or four groups if you would like to pick up these items at different times. Maybe lighter weight items for group 1 and get heavier for later in the season pick up as you need more warmth. We are still happy to take them all at once.
- Point out any spills or stains at drop off.
- Finally, give us an estimated replacement cost for each group that you drop off.
2 We Clean & Store Them
- We make an inventory list, noting any special fabrics or decorative trims.
- We inspect, pre-spot, clean, inspect, and lightly press each garment.
- We insure these storage items against fire, flood, and theft for your declared value.
- Once the garments are cleaned and pressed, we will either hang or fold them as needed.
- Your clothes will be placed in a specially sealed, UV light proof bags lightly scented with cedar oil.
3 You Pick Them Up When Ready
- When your out-of-season clothes come back into season, just call us 24 hours prior to pick up.
- When we receive your phone call, we will take your clothes out of storage, inspect them, refinish them, and package them like a regular dry cleaning order.
- When you come to pick up your clothes, you will only pay for the cost of the regular cleaning.