If you are like me, you spend a lot of time in your laundry room. Wouldn’t it be nice if it were as organized and tidy as the other rooms in your house? Below are 5 easy things you (and I) can do make this room less chaotic.
- Remove the clutter. If it’s not related to garment care, then don’t let it hang out in the laundry room.
- Organize your supplies and laundry. For instance, place cleaning supplies in a caddy or open-top storage container so you can move them around as needed. If you have the space, use three labeled laundry hampers or baskets so garments can be separated right when they come through the door.
- Make the most use of your space. Add shelves right above your washer and dryer, install a retractable clothesline for line-drying delicate items, and hang up your ironing board.
- Give the room a ‘once-over’. Take a dust mop and knock down cobwebs; wipe down shelves, counter tops, and the outside of your washer and dryer; wipe out the sink; run your washing machine through a clean cycle, wash the soap dispenser, and wipe down the inside of the machine after the cycle is complete; unhook the dryer hose and vacuum to remove lint buildup, remove any built up lint on the outside vent, thoroughly clean the lint filter, and remove any lint that has built up in the filter area; vacuum behind, between, and under your washer and dryer; and mop the floor.
- Keep it organized by setting up an easy routine to prevent having to do another major cleanup.