Greg (Managing Partner of A Cleaner World Carpet and Rug Cleaning) always inspects the carpeting in a customer’s home before the cleaning process begins. Whenever he does this, he can always tell where an oxygenating carpet spotting product has been used. How? There will be a circle where the color of the carpeting is lighter than the rest.
Greg doesn’t discourage the use of these products. In fact, he actually likes and uses oxygenating spot removal products – but cautions that they must be used properly. Unfortunately most folks spray it on, scrub the area, and then stop, which leads to the discoloration. Oxygenating spot removal products are made from diluted hydrogen peroxide so when they are left on the carpet, they will continue working over-time and ultimately pull the color from your carpet. And while cleaning your carpet doesn’t fix the problem, it will lessen the effect because the dirt in the surrounding carpeting will be gone.
If you choose to use an oxygenating carpet spot removal product to remove a stain from your carpet, here’s what Greg suggests:
• Be sure to read and follow the instructions on the label
• Never rub or scrub your carpet
• Always blot and use a clean white towel
• Once the desired amount of stain removal has been achieved, thoroughly rinse the area
• Then remove the excess water with a home carpet cleaning machine or even a wet/dry shop vac
Of course you can always call Greg at 336-992-0700, message us on Facebook , or send us a tweet @cleaner_world if you have any questions.