My child is a peanut butter and jelly freak. And while he has a fairly sophisticated palate for a 5 year old, he would, if I’d allow, eat pb&j morning, noon, and night. I regularly pack peanut butter and jelly in his lunch. I rationalize the nutrition – whole grain bread, natural peanut butter, homemade jelly by me, and Horizon organic milk box. Not too bad, right?
But he has this awful habit of wiping his face on his shirt sleeve. We’re working on perfecting our table manners, but this one seems especially difficult to break. So I have perfected the removal of the peanut butter stain. Here’s my method:
• Carefully scrape the excess off the sleeve
• Pre-treat with a stain remover and let it soak in for a few minutes
• Then pre-treat with dishwashing liquid and let that soak in as well
• Wash in the hottest water safe for the garment
• Never put it in the dryer – always air dry
And thank goodness I have. His nicer clothes were becoming play clothes, leaving not much to choose from for school. There was a period of time when I was considering sending him without a shirt. Perhaps then he’d learn to use a napkin.